Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sloppy Firsts

As usual, I always need to know what the fuss is about. I just finished the plagiarized book Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty and I enjoyed it a great deal. I can understand why a young author can be "influenced" by this book. Both authors have a great voice and it is sad to see that one author's career is over before it has really begun.

Jessica Darling's best friend, Hope, has moved away, leaving Jessica alone with no one who truly understands her. She is a totally disaster at home and at school. She doesn't deal well with the boy crazy, shopping crazy girls at school, her dad's obsession that she run well at her track meets and her mother's obsession with her sister Brittany's lavish wedding, They are driving her crazy!!! She also doesn't understand her mixed-up feelings toward Marcus Flutie. He's driving her crazy!!!

It was a great book, I enjoyed it so much that I went and got the sequels to it and can't wait to find out what happened to Jessica. High School studnets only.

No comments: