Friday, January 09, 2009

The Murder of Bindy MacKenize

The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty

Brilliant, precocious Bindy (who wrote in her diary at age 10, "I've been struggling a bit with Ulysses by James Joyce") is frustrated when her gestures of kindness toward fellow students go unappreciated. Her aggressive resistance to a new required course, Friendship and Development, sharply alienates a group of her fellow classmates, whom she nicknames the Venomous Six. But as she gradually gains self-awareness, it's these students, along with a dreamy transfer student, Finnegan, who embrace, support, and even save her. (Amazon)

It took me forever to write this book. I just could not get into it. I have two more to read by this author and then we will never cross paths again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How horrible! Do you have to read them?

Josette said...

Haha! Was the book that bad? I kind of liked this book actually! I'm looking forward to the other books especially Year of Secret Assignments.