Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ralph Fletcher

I would love to be a writer. But writing is hard work and frankly, I am a little on the lazy side. I spend lots of time reading about writing and how I can improve my writing. I just finished four books by Ralph Fletcher; Breathing In, Breathing Out, A Writer's Notebook, Live Writing and Mansfield Dreams. The first three books talk about improving your writing and gives the writers lots of great ideas to use in writing. One of the main ideas encourages the writer to write daily.. that is what I am trying to do.

Marshfield Dreams is the memories of Fletcher and his early childhood. As one of nine children, the adventures to read are hilarious and provoke lots of my own childhood memories. It is a great book and I really enjoyed the book.

No comments: