Saturday, January 28, 2006

Dancing in Red Shoes will Kill You


The cover art of Dancing in Red Shoes Will Kill You by Dorian Cirrone just jumps up and grabs the reader. A ballerina is dancing around holding two pumpkins for breasts. What in the world. The cover immediatley grabbed my attention and the book had my attention form the beginning to the end of the book.This book was truly a good book.

Kayla attends an Fine Arts school in Florida. An aspiring ballerina, she longs to get some good parts. But she has one problem--- or should I say two problems. That's right, her breasts are too big..As Kayla deals with her breast problem, her sister, Paterson, an artist, deals with censorship over a painting she has completed for her senior project. Both girls try to deal with conformity, censorship, and sexism and still maintain a sense of humor..

I would strongly recommend this book for high school students.. I loved it.

No comments: