Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Beach House

In my younger days, I hated scary books. I never wanted to read anything that made me shiver in my shoes and look out the window for that escaped killer, who was hunting me down. But as I matured, I really did change. I now enjoy reading about the serial killer who mutilates all his victims and then send messages to the police department for them to come and find him.. Love that kind of stuff.

Beach House by R.L.Stine is that type of book. It is summer and all of the students are on the beach. A killer is stalking them one by one. A killer who never leaves a clue and has found a very special place to hide. This book has some very unique text features and teachers should consider using this book to teach them.

Young adults will love the book. It is bloody, gory and intriguing with some romance. Just right for middle and high school students.

No comments: