Saturday, April 15, 2006

Heaven

I have read several books by Angela Johnson and really enjoyed them. However, for some strange reason, Heaven, didn't do it for me. Maybe it wasn't the book, but the location where I began reading it, I was getting a pedicure and it was very loud.

Heaven is the story of Marley and her family that live in Heaven, Ohio. Marley has a great life, she lives with her parents and little brother, has a wonderful Uncle Jack that writes Marley letters about his travels around the country, and a great best friend, Shoogy. Everything changes when Marley's family receives a mysterious letter addressed to: Monna Floyd. Who is Monna Floyd and does she have anything to do with Marley tells the remaining of the story.

In the past I have liked the author past work, but for some reason this just didn't work for me. Who knows ?

No comments: