Saturday, February 17, 2007

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining


I read another book tonight to be used for next school year, but I don't think I can use it. It was a great book and I loved it... Every Cloud has a Silver Lining by Anne Mazer tells the story of fifth grader, Abby Hayes. Abby lives with a perfect family, everyone is great at something but Abby. Abby decided to become a soccer star and she eats, sleeps and dreams soccer. Abby gets lots of support from her close friends, Jessica and Natalie who encourage her and recognizes her slow improvement.
I love the way this book was written.Interspersed between the story, we read Abby's journal written with her favorite purple pen. Abby has yet to realize that she is a very talented writer.
This was a great book and I loved the story, yet it is too old for my young students and I am not for sure if it is something that older boys would be interested in...But I really enjoyed reading it and would highly recommend it for junior high and students reading above a fifth grade level.

No comments: